Milestones of Ayob Motors.
- Initially the selling of cars was done on a part-time basis
- From selling one car the business grew rapidly and a fully fledged car dealership was established
- The dealership was initially situated in the town’s main street
- In 1977 a site was bought on the N1
- Construction began 4 years later in 1981
- Ayob Motors opened its doors in the new building in December 1981
- A fully fledged garage with petrol pumps, car sales and a workshop was established
- Fuel sold was from Total and to this day, the relationship continues
In 1981 Charlies son Faizel joined the business
- In 1985, Hussain the younger brother joined the business
- Hussain managed the accessories side of the business
- A few laters Ayob Motors boasted the biggest selection of mags north of Pretoria and had won numerous awards
- To cope with the demands of the modern-day motorist the facilities had to be improved.
- In 1995 construction got off the ground
- With construction completed, the new-look Ayob Motors boasted two completely rebuilt showrooms
- The filling station boasted a hi-tec driveway to accommodate 20 cars at any given time
- New and larger workshop was built
- A few years later in 2000 due to health reasons Hussain took full control over the business and in 2004 the accessory and mag shop was converted into a convenience store
- In November 2004 Tiger Wheel and Tyre approached Hussain and Tiger Wheel and Tyre was opened opposite Ayob Motors
- Fifty years on and Ayob Motors is still as busy as ever
In November 2004, Ayob Motors opened a Tiger Wheel and Tyre Branch in Louis Trichardt. The franchise stocks an array of mag wheels and an assortment of tyres for most vehicles.